Arrival and Dismissal Hours for Students
- Kindergarten & First Grade 8:20 a.m. – 3:05 p.m
- Second Grade – Fifth Grade 8:35 a.m. – 4:05 p.m.
- K-5th – Wednesdays 8:35 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.
If a student must leave during school hours, the parent or authorized adult must go to the Main Office to request early dismissal. The person signing the child out MUST be listed on the student’s emergency contact card and MUST PRESENT A PICTURE IDENTIFICATION. The student will be called to the office for dismissal TEACHERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO RELEASE A STUDENT FROM THE CLASSROOM WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF AN OFFICE PERSONNEL.
In order to facilitate a safe and orderly dismissal, early dismissal will NOT be permitted between the hours of:
2:35 p.m. – 3:05 p.m. for Kindergarten and 1st Grade
3:35 p.m. – 4:05 p.m. for Grades 2nd through 5th (Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri.).
2:35 p.m. – 3:05 p.m. for all grades on Wednesdays.
Unexcused and excessive tardiness and early dismissals negatively impact the students in many ways as follows:
• The student misses valuable instructional time and as a result grades will be affected
• Classroom instruction is interrupted for the other students in the classroom
• Homework assignments are missed
• The message relayed to the student is that being in school is not important
Rainy Day Dismissal
On rainy days, walkers will be detained until the weather does not present any safety hazards. Students will need rain attire to walk in light rainy conditions. Students transported by bus, car, etc. will be dismissed from the covered areas of the drop off-pick-up zones in front of the school. In cases of extreme weather, all students will stay in their homerooms until it is safe to dismiss them in the front of the school.