- Parent Drop -Off Pick-up (car) – Vehicle Lane – Front of the School NW 32 Street.
- Parent (Walkers)- Front of the Fence on NW 32 Street.
- Bus Drop-Off Pick-up- NW 18 Avenue
Students Who Walk To School
To ensure the safety of the students who walk to school, parents should review the following basic safety rules:
- Always walk on the sidewalks when available
- Walk with at least one other student
- Do not accept rides from strangers
- Cross streets at the corner and cooperate with crossing guards
- Use pedestrian lights when available
- Use the safest and most direct routes to and from home and school
Students Who Take the Bus To School
Parents, please review the following student bus safety tips:
- Ride only the bus to which they have been assigned
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion at all times. Keep the noise level down by talking using a lower voice tone so that only the person sitting next to you can hear it.
- There should be no eating, drinking on the bus.
- No animals are permitted on the bus.
- Do not engage in the following very dangerous activities: a. Do not extend arms, hands, head or any object through the bus windows. b. Do not throw objects at students in the bus or through the window of the bus
SCHOOL TRAFFIC PLAN FOR PRIVATE VEHICLES
THE SPEED LIMIT IS 15 MPH WITHIN THE SCHOOL ZONES
Many students will be arriving by car, especially during inclement weather. To reduce the number of cars around the school, parents are encouraged to form car pools whenever possible.
The following is a basic list of rules for drivers:
- All posted speed limits must be observed – 15 M.P.H around school
- In the immediate area of he school, students may exit and enter a vehicle only in the designated drop off zones.
- Do not encourage or allow your child to run across the street.
- Drivers must obey all posted restrictions regarding street parking and U-turns.
- Be advised that the police will issue tickets for illegally parking
- The only designated drop-off and pick-up area entered from N.W. 32nd Street.
DO NOT DROP OFF ANY STUDENT IN THE MIDDLE OR ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF N.W. 32ND STREET.
It is critical that parents drop their children off at the curb of the sidewalk (not on the grass) each morning. Always pull all the way up to the first cone to help parents safely and quickly move through the student drop off location. Children who are dropped off to walk across the grass impede the flow of traffic and this places your child in a location where safety cannot be ensured. In addition, walking across the grass destroys our efforts to beautify the school environment. In order to protect our neighbors grass area around the designated drop off and pick-up areas, please do not park or walk on the grass.
Please do not stop, wait or park in the entrance curve of the driveway.
Do not park in the entrance curve of the parent pick-up, drop-off loop.